We are currently looking to expand Downpour Interactive. If you are interested in joining us in the development of Onward and future VR titles, please provide your desired position and email. You will be prompted to email your portfolio after submitting this form.
Open Team Positions:
Downpour Interactive is looking for a Software Engineer to to join the studio and work on the popular VR FPS Onward, and future VR games. You will work closely with programmers, game designers and artists on a wide variety of technical challenges while creating engaging and fun real-world gameplay for gamers around the world!
• Responsible for any aspect of gameplay programming from invention and prototyping to full implementation.
• Write clear, maintainable, portable C# code.
• Experience in Unity.
• Work with the Project Lead and other Software Engineers to design and architect major gameplay systems.
• Pro-actively communicate with artists and designers.
• Capable of quick iteration and feedback loops while working with the team.
• 2+ years in the games industry or demonstrable work in the first person shooter genre.
• Strong C# coding and design experience.
• At least one shipped title where credited as a Programmer.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated, but able to receive constructive feedback and integrate into work.
• An understanding of and appreciation for milestones, schedules, deadlines, and efficient game development processes.
• Passionate about playing and making games
Downpour Interactive is looking for a Community Manager to join the studio and manage our amazing community. The Community Manager should be familiar with the game industry and the communities that live amongst it, as well as have an understanding of social media marketing and the basic elements of game development.
The Community Manager is responsible for Downpour Interactives community of followers: making sure they receive the latest updates from the studio, advocating for the community internally at Downpour Interactive, and ensuring they are treated with great care and respect.
• Initiating positive and supportive conversations inside the community around content, programs, contests, information and opportunities that will be of interest to the community
• Influencing the outreach strategy for Downpour Interactives online presence
• Supporting conversations on social media, in comment threads and on the steam forums, and in social media channels such as Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, Reddit, etc.
• Organizing the process of Downpour participation on owned channels (blog, social media, forums); finding topics and resources to answer popular topics; channeling information into documentation; and guiding tone and policy.
• Sorting, triaging and funneling customer issues that surface in the community to the proper place and escalation path.
• Driving changes to web properties and a content cadence to support community goals
• Regularly analyzing and reporting community sentiment internally
• Minimum 1 year of experience in social media and community management or a related field.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Highly self-motivated and proactive with ability to work both with minimal supervision and as part of a team environment.
• Strong planning and project management skills and good analytical skills.
• Ability to work swiftly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• The ability to keep a level head and maintain grace under pressure.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Interest and initiative to innovate Downpour Interactives social media practices and bring them to the next level.
• Knowledge of and passion for Downpour Interactive titles
Preference to candidates who:
• Foreign language skills beyond English desirable but not essential.
• Have one or more shipped titles in career experience
• Come from a game or software development background
• Working knowledge of HTML, Premiere Pro and Photoshop a plus.
• Play Onward :)
You will be prompted to email your portfolio after submitting this form.